Friday, March 7, 2014

Rico, Suave


I had a rough day today and pretty much felt like crying at least half the time. This is why I decided to visit the classroom of one of my favorite teachers (and favorite people): because spending time around her is always uplifting. 

Off I went, to the haven of happiness that is her kindergarden classroom - and it didn't disappoint! She gave me a hug, a couple of her students read to me (which is a big accomplishment on their part), and then I got to join them on the carpet for a review of their journal entries. 

One little girl wrote about her day and included a mention of going to Zumba class with her mom. This, of course, led to other students sharing their Zumba experiences, which led to a few children dancing while seated. When the teacher commented that they were showing some nice Zumba moves one little boy said "No way. It's like this." and he then proceeded to stand up and give a 15 second demonstration of his Zumba skills.

I was laughing so hard (and trying so hard to keep it contained), that I hid my head, because I knew I was bright red and crying a little bit, too. Ain't no party like a Kinder dance party!

No comments:

Post a Comment