Friday, March 7, 2014

Tuesday

It's been a really difficult week and an exceptionally trying day, so I'm going to post several of the things I meant to post earlier this week but didn't. I really need to focus on positive thoughts right now.

Tuesday afternoon I was looking for help with writing a difficult evaluation. I sent a message to my two colleagues and two supervisors who work out of the district office to see if any of them had time to be a thought partner. All four of them were running around like crazy, but one of my colleagues finally stopped by to help me out.

As we were discussing my concerns my very eloquent and thoughtful coworker gave me one of the kindest (and most unexpected) compliments I've ever received. He shared that, in his opinion, making sure others feel my appreciation for them is something that is of major importance to me. He went so far as to say that my actions and words have inspired him to try and show appreciation for others more regularly.

I was taken by surprise by our conversation, and I have to say that while I was flattered I didn't necessarily agree with his praise...until a few hours later when I was running an errand and reminded myself that I want to buy flowers for someone in the district office to tell her thank you. That was when I remembered my colleague's compliment from earlier and I had to smile to myself - at least a little.

It was a nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment