Friday, March 7, 2014

Silver Lining


I got a phone call from my union president this evening, informing me that one of my participating teachers had just filed a lawsuit against the district, the union, and myself and that I will be served with papers sometime in the very near future.

The silver lining?

My union supports me.
My supervisors support me.
The district leadership supports me.
My union president is awesome enough to call and give me a heads up so I won't be blindsided. 

The joys of being a professional performance evaluator!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure this is a weight on your mind and something I myself would dread to the point of not sleeping (which I hope is not the case with you), BUT - how absolutely wonderful to know that ALL your coworkers and supervisors and even the union are 100% behind you. I hope that takes a lot of the worry out of the situation. You are AWESOME - never forget that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly enough, I did all my worrying over this situation back in December, so at the moment I'm feeling fine. We'll see if my sangfroid lasts through actually getting served with papers - but I think I'll be fine.

      Delete