Thursday, February 27, 2014

Amazing People

Rough week, as you can probably tell. Good things have been happening, I just haven't taken the time to sit and reflect on them. Maybe if I had the week wouldn't have seemed so difficult. Hmm.....

I know I've written previously about how much I love my job, but let me just say again: it is such a privilege and honor to observe different teachers every day. Teachers are truly amazing people.

Case in point: I observed a second year teacher early this week. The lesson was good but I had some concerns about equity of consequences (behavior management). I met with her the next day and we talked about it - and BOY, am I glad we had that conversation. Turns out she is very much aware of each of her students' needs and situations, and the different reactions and consequences were based on that knowledge. That conversation reminded me of Rita Pierson's TED talk. I hope that during my time in the classroom I had that sort of positive impact on my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment