Monday, February 10, 2014

Music (I think this will be a recurring theme...)

Today (Sunday) it was music again. The choir I conduct is rehearsing "My Shepherd Will Supply My Need". The song has been close to my heart since I first heard it on a Mormon Tabernacle Choir album about five years ago. I love choir rehearsal anyway, but lately they've been even more uplifting.

I also sang a solo in church today ("Consider the Lilies"). As is typically the case, I was almost completely unemotional as I sang, focusing on a technical analysis of my performance rather than the feeling. Don't get me wrong, it's always my prayer that whatever musical offerings I share add to the spirit of the meeting, but I rarely (if ever) feel it myself. So I was grateful when a few people thanked me afterwards and told me the song really helped them feel closer to the Lord. As the topic of the meeting was "Increasing Faith", I'm glad to have added to their experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment