Monday, February 3, 2014

The Doldrums

From Google:


dol·drums
ˈdōldrəmz,ˈdäl-,ˈdôl-/
noun
  1. 1.
    a state or period of inactivity, stagnation, or depression


What a rough couple of days! I'm hoping it was hormonal, because I don't want to experience the doldrums again any time soon. (Super insecure, super depressed, super negative, at least one crying breakdown, etc.)

<Shaking it off.>

So. Today was better. Could be because I started off the day biking to an appointment at a nearby school and it was a beautiful, clear, cool, winter day. Could be because I love my job. Could be because I found a fun recipe and made a delicious dinner. Or maybe it was (finally) being quick enough to grab Ren and save him from a tumble off the dinner table bench. (The bench people, not the floor. We're talking maybe 18 inches?) Yup, Super Mom right here. (For the catching part.) :-)

I don't care about the reason, I'm just SUPER grateful for a better day.  Hooray!!!

I hope your weekend was better than mine, and that your week started off well, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment