Thursday, January 23, 2014

New Habits

So I planned on posting something each evening, since I would need to experience my day in order to take note of the extraordinary things in my life.  The downside to this plan is that by the end of the day I'm tired and not thinking about posting.  Hence, yesterday's lack of writing. :-)

That said, yesterday was a good day, and at various points I thought "This. This will be my extraordinary thing to share." My final choice is something basic, but beautiful and happiness-inducing, so here it is: Mother Nature, specifically speaking, the weather. California desperately needs rain - and I hope and pray we get some - but in the meantime, I'm seriously enjoying the weather.  Yesterday afternoon around 3:00 pm I rode my bike a couple miles to meet with a friend (also an extraordinary part of my day), and it was a gloriously beautiful ride. The sun was shining, the sky was clear, it was around 70 degrees, and it felt really good to be alive.


Today's extraordinary event(s) were all the kindnesses my husband showed me. He read through a report I'd written to give me a fresh perspective, took care of our son so I could go to a pilates class, made a delicious dinner (seriously, you should give this recipe a try), cleaned up the kitchen, and gave me a hug whenever I asked for one. He's definitely a keeper and he repeatedly made me happy today.

What about you? What was extraordinary in your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment