Friday, January 24, 2014

Take That!

So I thought my extraordinary moment would be either going on a date with my husband tonight (we've gone on maybe four dates in the last two years, so I was very excited), or the kindness of the friend who watched our son so we could go out. (Swapping babysitting is AWESOME. Why did we not figure out how to make this work before???)  However, my most extraordinary moment was a personal victory.

I was riding my bike today and thinking I should really have done more exercise or something more vigorous, and then I thought to myself "Hey! I'm exercising - and that's freaking amazing, so shut it!"
And I stopped beating myself up.

I've been putting myself down for so long, this was truly an extraordinary event.  And if I did it once, I can do it again.  I hope you can, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment